Host a Trunk Show
By hosting a Connected in Hope trunk show, you establish a relationship with our amazing weavers and become an integral link in the process of change. It’s easy and fun! Here’s everything you need to know about planning and hosting a Connected in Hope trunk show:
- Decide on a date for the trunk show. Be creative in your thinking, perhaps hosting your trunk show near a holiday (Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day) or to celebrate a special occasion (a birthday, an anniversary, engagement, or adoption). Email us at email@example.com at least 3 weeks before your requested party date to request an application.
- PLAN YOUR PARTY: Think about what will work best for you and your friends. Your trunk show can be an open house in the afternoon, a cocktail hour, a dinner party, or a themed party.
- We will send you a box of scarves to sell at your party (we pay shipping). We ask that you provide us with credit card information prior to shipment. Your credit card will not be charged unless the unsold scarves and proceeds from the sales are not returned by the requested date.
- YOUR TRUNK SHOW BOX will contain a wide selection of scarves from all of our collections. Prices will be clearly marked on the inventory sheet included in the box. We’ll also send a small poster, postcards, an email signup sheet, and a list of frequently asked questions so you can feel prepared at your party.
- INVITE YOUR FRIENDS through facebook, evites, or snail mail! Decide how you can best reach the friends, family, and co-workers who would love an opportunity to buy beautiful products that truly make a difference in the lives of other women. Postcard invitations are included in your box as an option. If you’re creative and want to design your own email or print invitation, let us know how we can help. Pictures capture interest and help tell the story. Let us know if you want pictures and we will email photo files to you. Feel free to use the following paragraph on your invitations to share information about Connected in Hope’s work in Ethiopia.
Connected in Hope Foundation is a non-profit social enterprise working to empower women in Ethiopia to rise above poverty through sustainable income development.
- Be creative in displaying the scarves and baskets. Adding pictures to help tell the story visually also works well. Utilize baskets, tables, clothespins, racks or other items you might have around the house to creatively showcase the products.
- AT YOUR PARTY, check off what you have sold on the inventory sheet included in your box. You can accept cash or checks. Make sure checks include a current address and phone number. Money can be collected in one of two ways:
- Checks can be made out to you, then all cash and checks combined into one personal check or money order, made out to Connected in Hope Foundation.
- Collect personal checks made out to Connected in Hope and write a personal check for cash collected. Send all checks to Connected in Hope Foundation.
- PICK OUT A SCARF to keep for yourself as THANK YOU from Connected in Hope. Please indicate on the inventory sheet the scarf you kept, so it can be subtracted from the inventory.
- SEND BACK the unsold scarves, the money received, the email sign up sheet, the filled out inventory sheet, and any leftover publicity materials in a flat rate shipping box. Cash received at the party can be used to send the box back. Also, feel free to share about your party on our Connected in Hope facebook fan page
- Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, put your feet up and relax knowing that you’ve just done something amazing. We are so grateful!